Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Garden

I started thinking last night about what all I want to plant in my garden in the spring. This past spring, I had tomatoes, squash, carrots, strawberries, peppers, and watermelon. They thrived throughout the summer and helped create some delicious meals. This coming year, though, I think I want to plant some experimental things. I want to change it up a bit.

I think I'll only do big, fat tomatoes. No cherry tomatoes. I absolutely love fried green tomatoes, and it's impossible to make them from the small guys. And maybe some kind of purple green bean. My catalog has some very interesting specimens in it. Definitely going to do peas this time around...I really missed out on my fresh peas this year.

I may even try a lasagna garden. I don't like spraying pesticides and the like on my plants, and I hate pulling weeds, so maybe if I do the lasagna technique that will solve half of the problem. Plus, it'll use up this monstrous pile of newspaper that I haven't wanted to get rid of because I knew it would come in handy. I know it seems a little early to be thinking about all this, but you've got to get a plan in mind early on. Gardening takes preparation! I'm so excited! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment