Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas recycling

I was thinking about getting all of my Christmas decorations down this afternoon and putting them up, but decided that I had too much to do. They will have to wait until this weekend. I got to thinking about how much trash I go through every year at Christmas time.

After shopping, all those shopping bags inevitably get thrown away instead of reused. The scraps of wrapping paper get tossed, along with the wrapping paper itself and probably the box too, after it's torn open. Then there's all the plastic that things are packaged in. I always have double the trash than any other normal time.

So I think this year I'm going to strictly use bags. Because I don't know about everyone else, but I reuse bags after I receive a gift in them. I neatly fold them up and use them the next time the occasion rolls around. So as much as I loooove wrapping presents, I'm going to stick to bags in hopes that they will be reused in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment